My Fall addiction this year is the long camel cardigan. It is the item of clothing I can wear when I take my daughter to ballet class or when I have an important meeting. Furthermore, I have never received more “where did you get that?” questions than when I wear this specific camel cardigan. The length draws the eye vertically and makes you appear taller than you really are. I’m 5’3” but you could never tell in these photos. I also love how it adds some drama to an otherwise simple outfit. Camel is such a great neutral and makes everything look a little more elevated. You can learn more about my camel obsession here and here.
For an office appropriate look, I would go for a more clean and structured silhouette. I’m wearing the Kirby Sweater by Babaton from Aritzia. For a more fitted look, size down. I went with the XXS and trust me when I say that I never fit into an XXS in most clothing. The outfit featured above is more work-friendly, with a white top, black skinny pants, a large tote bag and heels. I’ve also worn this cardigan with black jeans, a t-shirt, booties and a crossbody bag for a more casual vibe.
Tips for styling a long cardigan
- For a petite frame, size down so the cardigan doesn’t overpower you.
- Go for a thicker material for a more professional look.
- For a cozier look, wear leggings with a sweater underneath and add a long scarf.
- Think about which shoes you’ll most often be wearing. For heels, you can go pretty long. If you’ll most likely be wearing flats or sneakers, make sure the cardigan hits above the ankle.
- Lastly, for some variety, add a belt to create a more defined waistline.
Would you be interested in a long cardigan round-up in various colors? I should say, various neutral colors. For this type of transitional weather, it’s the perfect layering piece. I would go for camel and black if you’re looking for staple pieces you can wear repeatedly.
Shop my outfit